Sunday, November 16, 2008

The summer and beyond

Summer 2008 was wonderful, in too many ways to try to recap. But now the fresh memories are fading and its time to have some more wonderful layers added.

********

In four weeks I'm heading to one of my favourite cities in one of my favourite countries to spend some time with my all time favourite friend. And oh I'm excited. There will be sunshine and laughter and love. And visits to Lush

*******

This last week I've been surprised by the kindness of colleagues and overwhelmed by the care of friends. And parental issues have been raised to the foreground again. Mostly because friends can't believe the levels of effort I'm going through organising a surprise 70th birthday party for my father in January. Just because some of my family are rubbish doesn't mean that the rest are.

I've booked 5 rooms for family at a lovely little Coaching Inn for all, put down a deposit for a Saturday night dinner for 9 of us. And thanks to the wonders of facebook have been able to track down my fathers cousins who along with friends, in laws and siblings are going to turn up for a surprise Sunday lunch. I've got a flight back to the UK thats not going to cost more than a months salary and booked time of work. The ONLY thing my sibling has to do is to tell my parents she is taking them to dinner at the Inn on his birthday so they don't make other plans.

*************

Thanks to the best geek hero in my life I have also been able to catch the latest episodes of Emmerdale - clearly life is good!
************

And I'm weighing up the options of downsizing all my worldly belongings to leave me free to just jump freely to a new country in the next six months. Which raises the questions, even if I scan in all my old photos from pre digital era what to do with the originals?

************

1 comment:

dgny said...

Welcome BACK!

The birthday plan sounds wonderful - I hope it turns out to be everything you hope.

I share your questions about digitising. I've got boxes of photos I don't know what to do with, but I think I'll end up sending them to an Aunt who's a bit lonely and tends to live vicariously. I think she'll enjoy having them and I won't have to destroy them! You could also donate shots from school to your various alumni organisations.

LOL, word verification: busta. Looks like that's endorsement to downsizing so you can "busta" move!