Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One step closer

.
I totally understand the need for immigration procedure and red tape, but having spent hours filling out forms and collecting supporting documents I was relieved to finally get a visa for my next location squared away this morning.



The most interesting form (f0r me at least) was the one where I had to list the name of every country I had visited over the last 10 years and include dates - that took a few hours and lots of passport checking. After arriving in Hong Kong 11 years ago I've had plenty of opportunities and occasions to visit many places in the region. One thing that did strike me was that I have visited many different regions within one country over the years. And my new goal is to add at least one new country to my 'countries I have visited' list every year for as long as that is possible. I've not travelled around Europe since I was in my early 20's so there are quite a few countries there that could be saved up for last - till then there is a whole world of exploring to enjoy.

No comments: