Wednesday, January 30, 2008

~sigh~


I'm cold, the inside heating is non existant and there is no insulation. The walls are cement and the floors are wooden. There are lots and lots of windows.

So this evening I did something for the first time, I made myself a cup of hot chocolate. Up till this point I have always stood by the following statements.

I don't now nor have I ever liked milk*
I don't drink hot drinks.
I don't like the smell of warm milk

So obviously I've never drunk a hot chocolate, but when I was in the UK last summer I did notice that my niece was drinking things that looked more like dessert than a drink, they had cream and flakes and marshmallows in, but I was still not tempted. Till tonight.

But tonight I was cold and I spotted a packet of mini marshmallows. And I had some rather posh hot chocolate powder left over from Christmas. So now I've got something to wrap my hands around, and do you know what, its actually rather nice! Great just what I needed, a new vice!



*The ONE exception to that was a Tootsies** butterscotch milkshake with extra butterscotch - yummm
** Can't find the link at the moment, but I will!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I really been gone that long?

Our manager from Shanghai is in Chicago this week. I did ask him about the weather. He claims that CNN is exaggerating the whole thing. I wonder what the people who are freezing at the train stations think?

Hot Earl Grey with Whiskey and maybe a little honey may get some better results.
D8

dgny said...

If you don't like milk, don't drink it. Often the things we don't like are things our bodies don't like...the G is lactose intolerant but *loves* hot chocolate (it's that whole allergy/addiction thing). He gets one every once in a while at Starbucks with "tiger stripes" - that's caramel and chocolate sauce on top. Looks like a sundae and ends up mostly on his face...!

Madame Chiang said...

you need whipped cream on the top....and a Cadbury's flake...just to make it perfect...