Friday, March 23, 2007

Truth

.
Between any couple who have broken up there is usually 3 versions of the truth, his version, her version and the true version. One of the effects of blogging about our lives is that we the observers, the readers get to see the different sides.
In the past I've been involved with someone who rewrote his history to remove all traces of me, so I can imagine how hurtful it is when I've read a number of blogs recently where the dumper has downplayed the feelings and love that they had for the dumpee. I see men and women posting that those promises and sweet whispers really didn't mean anything to them, that the person with a broken heart was only a distraction at the time - at a distance I guess its easier to accept ones own behaviour that way.

2 comments:

MrFancyPants said...

I think that many people do that because it's simply too painful to remember a lost love with all the intensity that once existed. If anything, it seems that removing all traces of a person, and aggressively downplaying how much they meant, are indications of just how deeply someone is hurt and broken. Of course, that doesn't make the other person feel any better.

monkey_see said...

When emotions take control, watch out.

I got my own story of being dumped which I won't go into but I do believe I am better off without her, as a friend or in any form in my life.

I found out that when relationships end there is ALWAYS a reason. As the dumpee we might not see it, but it's there. Always best to move on and start living life.