Sunday, March 18, 2007

Under the influence

.
I've had a couple of sessions of hypnotherapy a few times in the past and I've also recently been listening to a motivational hypnosis CD late at night. I've been told in the past that I'm a good subject for hypnosis, which sort of makes sense when I accept how much I'm influenced by others moods on a day to day basis.


Although this CD doesn't aim to help me sleep I'm finding it very useful as it allows to me to 'switch off' from all the worries and concerns that seem to swirl around my mind in the darkness. As I lay there counting back from 300 (as per instructions) I can literally feel the pull on my mind and eyes as I am being taken under the influence, its a sort of fluttering over my eyes, even though they are closed and I'm relaxed against my pillow I feel that I'm being taken deeper - deeper to what or what I am not so sure. I just know that on the nights that I fall asleep listening to this CD I sleep well, don't have scary dreams and wake refreshed in the morning. And the furthest I can remember counting down to from 300 is 235 so by that reasoning I'm probably getting an extra hour of sleep a night which is great in itself!

No comments: