Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day thoughts

Christmas tree ornaments seem to be the gift of choice this year. Among the piles of Lush (yummm) bubble bars and chocolate I've gained some decorations.

I've got a cute white and blue Dresden snowman from Amsterdam

2 green glass trees from Hong Kong

1 ornate gold & purple enamelled bauble from Vietnam

and a silver star from the UK

Yes they are all very pretty, and they will look splendid on my tree for the next few days.

**************

I'm battling with myself, not to back out of the plans for the day. Do I really want to spend the day with a friends family? Wouldn't it be easier to just stay home and ignore the day? In the past I've actually taken down my Christmas tree on the 25th, because I was 'over' the whole festive season. This year I can't do that, mostly because I've got friends coming for drinks on the 26th.

***************


Being single sucks.


************

I've made a glorious brandy pie that is sitting in my fridge right now, I'm taking it to share with friends for Christmas dinner. It is quite possibly the most calorific dish I could make, but darn its good.

********************

There are people I wish I could talk to, and wish seasons greetings too, but they are out of reach. They are busy with their own lives, in which I am only a minor player.


********

1 comment:

monkey_see said...

ah Christmas . . . A day I always had to put up with.
I thought this year might be different but unfortunately I had my hopes pinned on a special lady joing me and my family. But she suddenly changed her plans and know is staying in and studying.
Bummer :(
SO instead I will make the day special with my family, enjoy a splendid dinner and leave it be. Seems I can finally see the road up ahead and we're going in separate directions.

Such is life, enjoy the hand you've been dealt and play to WIN!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!