Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Taking time

I've discovered something in myself these past few weeks.
If I share myself with someone, and he or she then moves away from me I am not able to resume our level of confidant very easily. I'm not talking (just) about sexual intimacy but the intimacy of late night conversations where my barriers have been broken down and hopes, dreams and feelings are carefully slid out into the light to be examined.

What would I have liked for Christmas this year? In fact what do I want out of life?
Someone to want to spend time with me. Someone to care.

2 comments:

monkey_see said...

It will happen, It has happened and it IS happening for you.

Just look . . . not with your eyes.

But within you.

To attract love into your life you must first love yourself. yeah, I've said that before but it is true.

You are worth it, you will find him and it will be real.
:)

dgny said...

I mull this one over again and again. I wax between thinking that no one can ever truly be there and thus we're all alone by our very nature and I ought to get used to it and believing everyone has a someone or two who would be really jazzed to sit next to them forever and ever.

These days I'm sticking with the former, but my heart hopes I'm wrong and it's the latter...

[hey, like the new name! ;-)]