Monday, December 24, 2007

First Date

I'm not a Princess, really I'm not. But on a first date I can't help but be a tad surprised to hear my date tell me of the "really cheap" place he suggests to take me for lunch. And when I say really cheap I mean the type of place that prides its self on having 2 pieces of mystery meat for 10p plus noodles. Instead we found a Japanese restaurant which was cheap and cheerful, all bright lights and plastic tables with a conveyor belt of sushi. The food was fine, the company at times amusing but no sparks were shown, not just because of the bright lights.
He was considerably older than he had let me to believe online, either that or he had led a very hard life.
After our lunch he asked "do you want to wander around the shopping mall for a while". My reply was no thanks, and that I'd be heading off to find a taxi home. To his credit he did actually dash out into the road to flag down a taxi for me, he seems like a nice enough man. He also followed up the date with a text a few hours later telling me he had had a good time meeting me.
But no, I don't see a second date in our future.

No comments: