Monday, April 16, 2007

Elusive

.
One of the main lingering effects from the events of 2006 seems to be my problem sleeping. I can rarely go to sleep without a podcast or a CD playing. It seems that if all is quiet then my mind gets crowded with events and worries, and I just can't settle.
Tonight I was very tired, so after a nice relaxing bath I tried for an early night, but even with a podcast playing to distract me I couldn't fall asleep. The humidity seems to be high so I feel a bit damp - and not in a good way! I'm not a fan of aircon usually, would much rather sleep with just a sheet over me but tonight that doesn't work either, so I've got the duvet back out from the cupboard and thrown in on the bed so that I can put the aircon on. I've got a slight headache and am feeling a little thirsty. Oh I'm just full of grumbles tonight. So the plan is to get up for an hour or so, potter around and read a book, write this ridiculously dull post, wait for my room to be really cold and try again! Bleh! And its only Monday.

2 comments:

Scorpy said...

That is exactly what I have been doing of late..I read a lot or I get up and wacth crappy TV in the early hours of the morning

dgny said...

Do situps. If your body knows it's tummy crunches or sleeping, it may prefer to sleep.

I also read somewhere that it's ood to read bfore you sleep. Apparently your brain is more active while you're reading, but when you stop, it dips much lower than if you hadn't been reading. I kept The Dragon Lady by my bedside for a year - a few pages of that and I slept like a baby.