Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Only damp around the edges

.
Landlord is away on holiday, workers who caused the leak upstairs have been informed.

I managed to 'save' half a tub of ice cream from being defrosted last night - without a seconds hesitation I threw myself selflessly into the situation and ate it. Felt a bit sick.

Removed computer and all other electrical accessories from the pool, was very impressed with self for being able to untangle and re tangle all cables successfully - by candle light -while standing in a pool of water - half expected to unearth a mouse with a nest from inside the wires - honestly! Luckily all my plugs have labels on so I knew just what to plug back in i.e. I won't be bothering with my printer, palm pilot, docking port for camera, desk lamp and headphones for a few days.
Did managed to get the basics all plugged in and obviously (well I'm typing this right!) up and running without any mishaps - however new location is not ideal and luckily I don't have any house guests this weekend!

Then lit a few more candles and made a chicken curry on the gas cooker to use up all that delicious highly expensive organic chicken I bought the day before that was sitting in the fridge, went to the local supermarket and bought a huge bag of ice and stuffed it around the rest of the food in the not very cold fridge (took rest of food to work today and treated everyone to lunch - hopefully have not killed anyone). This morning when the sun came up and before going to work I isolated the fuses for the study/indoor pool and regained power to the rest of the apartment - this was useful as it allowed the hot water to be heated for a shower!

Meanwhile I've moped up all the water, put towels and plastic bags around the sockets - in case there is more rain tonight, thrown out the 2 rugs that are ruined - after taking photos for insurance, sorted through ruined photos that were stacked in a box - now soaked, taken paintings off walls and put in a safer place - not damaged so far, taken sofabed cover to laundrette to get cleaned and created a huge pile of 'stuff' in the middle of the room.

Anyone for chicken curry?

No comments: