Thursday, April 19, 2007

My imaginary friend

.
Last night I was a littttttle bit tipsy, and I can't sleep when I'm tipsy - actually I didn't even try. What I did instead was to have a long rambling conversation on the phone with my sister (yeah for time zones!) . She was blatantly laughing at me for being so tipsy - especially when I told her just how little I had actually drunk. But what amused her most of all was that I kept making reference to 'we'.

The thing is, she was asking me questions about decisions I'm in the process of making and I was talking her through the various repercussions of each option. Then she pointed out that I was using the word 'we' instead of 'I', she asked if I had neglected to tell her about someone significant in my life - my answer (which made her laugh so hard) was

"Nope, there is no 'us', but if I use the word 'we' then I can pretend at least for a little while that I am not having to take total responsibility for these major decisions ALL BY MYSELF"

So the conversation then swung around the subject of the name of my imaginary friend who is helping me make these choices. And the name I settled on is Max.
By the end of the conversation it had been decided, when things get too tough then I'm just going to let Max make the decisions. Right, so thats sorted then.

1 comment:

monkey_see said...

Imaginary! HA! don't tell MAX...
;)

I see life is keeping you alert. These last two days have been refreshing for me.

So did MAX help you finish off the rest of the ice cream?