Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fear

.
Last night I had a crank call.

I think it was someone who knew the terror it would strike into my heart calling me - at 5am. They called again at 5.45am and again at 6.10am.

I think it was someone who has been reading through my pages after following a link here, someone playing games.

Each time I reached for and answered the phone my heart was in mouth, literally I stopped breathing, each time I just heard an open line. No one spoke or replied to my question.
Tonight I'm turning off all the phones, I've spoken to my nearest and dearest and warned them that I'll not be contactable "just in case" so hopefully tonight I'll get some sleep.

My question is

Why? Why try to cause me more pain?
Surely enough time has passed that I'm not of interest anymore.

4 comments:

Seven Seas said...

Very uncool, never understood why people do things like this. Might wanna take this up with the police.

dgny said...

Next time call the police.

Mia said...

It was an international call ......

dgny said...

All the better, more traceable.

And change your number. If you know someone that pathetic, you'd be best off if they didn't have your number.