Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Repeat not needed

.
A significant 'event' appeared on my calendar today, well not significant to me but to someone I once held close. Two years ago I entered this 'event' in my calendar and chose the 'repeat annually' function, not for a moment did I imagine that just 2 short years later it wouldn't be valid - to me. So spurred on by this I went through the rest of my annual repeats to see what else was no longer needed. I deleted the following

#Anniversaries
# Birthdays
# Deaths
# First day at new job/new country
# First day home from a war zone

And a couple of other more private significant dates, none of which are cause for celebration anymore, all related to various past relationships.

This little exercise has just brought home to me how hopeful and positive I have been over the last few years, where as now, now I'd just like to know what is going to be happening in 4 weeks time.

4 comments:

dgny said...

It's too bad you can't delete that stuff from your mind as well. I still mark the birthday of my first snog. Have no idea where he is, nor do I care, but I still remember his birthday.

Seven Seas said...

Who knows what tomarrow may bring? Save for that fortune teller, that is. Discarding the past is a good thing from time to time, gives room for new things to settle in without clutter.

Mia said...

DGNY - Oh yes, the really important dates that just hover around!

Monkey - You matey have email.

Seven - Yep I'm all about the declutter at the moment.

monkey_see said...

:) and OH what an EMAIL that was.

I'm going to have to go to MAN rule #15 section b (Americana edition, vol. 4 issue 135. - When in the midst of a verbal flub, NEVER try to explain, add detail or excuse such statement. Simply impose a TRUE heart felt... oops, sorry.

... sorry. ;)

I never ment it in THAT way, and I see you've been a busy gal.