Monday, May 28, 2007

Who was he?

.
I just had a phone call..........

The Man: "Hello is this Mia"

Mia: "Who is speaking" (Just in case its a Persian carpet seller - we get a lot of those here in HK)

The Man: Hi my name is Tod, your landlord Mr H gave me your number and said if I wanted to come and view the apartment at .....insert full address.... I should ring you and arrange a time that suits you.

Mia: Sorry, the agent is handling all the viewings and they know not to call me after 6pm.

The Man: Oh its ok, I talked to them earlier, they said that you live alone so I wouldn't be disturbing dinner or anything.

Mia: ". . . . . . . . insert speechless silence. . . .. . "

The Man: Hello Mia?

Mia: "Please don't call again, all bookings to view should be made through the agent "

The Man: Hey, I'm just nearby, perhaps I could just pop over?

Mia: "Now is not convenient, I am hosting a vodka drinking game with several large sailors"

The Man: OK, will talk to you tomorrow then.

OK so he sounded like a nice man, and I may have dated men I've met online before, and even met a guy for drinks who misdialled and got me when I was preparing for surgery in the past, but I do NOT invite men into my home on the basis of a nice voice after a 2 minute phone call.

3 comments:

Seven Seas said...

A drinking game with sailors, and you don't invite me? :(

As for "Mr. Wanna pop over", I keep telling you you need hired thugs.

Mia said...

Ah but it was with vodka, I know you're more of a rum man...... the 'drinking rum with sailors' night is set for Thursday - ok? ~grin~

Madame Chiang said...

you don't...??!!!!!!!!!